The small lighthouse
at the western end of
Stångehuvud is the special headmark of the area, visible both from land and
sea. It was built in 1890 and is a popular destination for both locals and
tourists who want to take a walk in Stångehuvud.
The former lighthouse in Stångehuvud is, besides a popular excursion goal - summer as winter- sometimes a place for engagements and marriages.
The view at the lighthouse is admired a summer day at the former turn of the century. At that time there were no safety fence at the outside of the lighthouse.
The lighthouse at Stångehuvud was in operation until 1940. In that year the light was finally extinguished in the small wooden house. its function superceded by a new lighthouse on the nearby islet of Humlesäcken. However, the lighthouse had become so strongly associated with Stångehuvud that its demolition was never a question.
many years the Vikarvet Culture Historical
Society has had the liability for its care and maintenance.
In June 2017 the Curman Foundation bought the lighthouse from the Vikarvet Culture Historical Society and at that time the roof and front of the house was renovated.